15 Best WordPress Plugins For Bloggers
Top WordPress Plugins List
Surfing the net, looking for the best wp plugins out there that produce better results is one thing all bloggers can relate to.
Yea… I’ve done that countless times and still do them sometimes, just to be sure I’m making use of the top plugins in the market.
Choosing plugins that suit your needs can be a bit tough with over 47,000 WordPress plugins out there. No worries, this post is aimed at making it easy for you to make the right choice for your site.
Here is a downloadable template of over 50 top choice WordPress plugins you would love to check out.
You might want to bookmark this post for future updates on top plugins. I use pretty much 90% of the plugins here… so I’ll keep you updated. Alright, let’s dive into this…
This is one plugin that provides the best tools any blogger or site developer needs to build up, improve and monitor site traffic. Sumome also provide the best tools for conversion (converting site visitors to subscribers).
• Traffic growth tools …over 20%
• Conversion tool (a lot more subscribers for you) opt-in forms
• Better image and post shares on all social media platforms
• A/B testing and a lot more…
Over 470,595 sites use sumome as at the time of this post.
Price: Free with premium option
Sumome | View details
Protecting your site from the massive threat out there is a priority for bloggers. Preventing outside access to your site’s important information.
No one wants to loose years of hard work to a threat that could have been prevented easily.
This top rated WordPress security plugin offers all you need to secure your site from attacks. With strong firewalls, blocking, malware scans, login security and more features to keep your site safe.
• Firewall system identifies malicious traffic and block attackers
• Threat defense feed updates firewall promptly with the latest threat alert
• Login security
• Security scanning, monitoring features and more…
Price: Free with premium options
Wordfence | View details
#3. Yoast SEO
Almost every site on the internet use SEO plugin and Yoast SEO are the SEO King with over 35,921,487 downloads so far.
Yoast SEO simple and easy to use interface makes it stand out in the SEO world.
And if you are new to the blogging world, SEO – Search Engine Optimization is basically the primary traffic source for most bloggers, if you want your blog posts to be read.
The thing I love about Yoast SEO is the traffic light that shows Red if your content is not SEO optimized, Yellow if it’s half way there and Green if it’s good enough.
• User friendly. For Beginners or pro
• XML sitemaps
• Easily import or export functionality between sites
• Readability check and more
Price: free with premium options
Yoast SEO | View details
#4. GOOGLE ANALYTICS by MonsterInsights
When it comes to tracking every single stat on your site, google analytics does the job.
At first I didn’t start with google analytics and I had a lot of problems with my site’s stat for a while. Later on I learnt about google analytics which I tried out and it solved a ton of problems.
Big affiliates or companies that require to know your site stats before working with you in the future use mainly google analytics stats compared to other site stat plugin out there. Its industry standard.
It is definitely one of the most powerful free site tool out there and the best site analysis tool. With google analytics, all that’s left is your knowledge on how to make the most out of it.
• Tracking users behavior on your website (pages viewed, time spent,
• Measure conversion rates of lead channels
• Tracking your site’s performance on different locations and a lot more…
Google Analytics by MonsterInsights | View details
#5. Divi Builder
Have you visited simple and well-designed websites with everything looking attractive and in place? Okay. I have too.
DIVI BUILDER plugin simply allows you to create anything to match your unique style, drag and drop without knowing how to code!
Build posts and landing pages just the way you want with many premade classy layouts and you can choose from.
• No coding required just drag and drop
• Everything is customizable
• Over 20+ well-crafted layout
• Can be used on any WordPress theme and many more
Okay. You’ll probably end up spending a lot of time checking out the classic products and demos on the site… just as I did.
Price: flexible plans with bumper offers (access to over 87 Premium themes and powerful plugins)
Divi Builder | View details
#6. MONARCH Social Sharing
Looking for a decent, attractive and powerful social sharing plugin that will increase your number of post shares?
Monarch takes social sharing to a new level with powerful features designed to get you a lot more shares. It allows you to place your sharing buttons at 5 eye catching locations even on images.
With an awesome time delayed popup option that comes up when a user is about to leave a page of at specific locations on the page. Awesome right?
The best part is, it’s loaded with a lot of ready designed share buttons you can pick from and also allows you to customize them just the way you want to.
• Lots of well-designed buttons to choose from
• Stylish or simple customizable buttons
• Over 35+ social networks
• Smart button display function
• Super-fast response on all devices
Price: Flexible plans with bumper offers (access to over 87 Premium themes and powerful plugins)
Monarch Social sharing | View details
Every website needs a reliable backup plugin to prevent loss of files to hackers, simple random errors that could come up at any time, bad updates or server crash.
Updraft Plus does more than just backup your files, it restores lost files and make it easy to migrate from one WordPress site to another without losing any file.
It literally backs up everything on your site from files, themes, plugins to database, settings and more.
• Restore backups from other plugins
• Easily clone your site and move it to a different domain of your choice in minutes
• Scheduled backups within any time range (every 2 or 3 hours, 1 or 3 days, weekly or monthly)
• You can backup to storage locations of your choice (Dropbox, google drive, one drive and more)
With over 900,000 + active downloads, updraft plus is the most installed and the highest rated WordPress backup plugin.
Price: Free with premium options available
Updraftplus | View details
The top rated WordPress plugin if you are looking to sell anything on your site.
With over 1 million + active downloads, WooCommerce remains the most used platform by online stores owners and developers more than any other platform.
WooCommerce flexibility makes it easy to sell just anything from digital goods to physical goods. And payment and shipping setup made easy.
• Sell anything
• Ship anywhere
• Wide payment options (PayPal, credit cards, bank transfers, cash on delivery and more)
Woocommerce | View details
#9. GOOGLE XML SITEMAPS
Whenever you post a new content on your blog, this powerful plugin updates search engines for better linking. That means more traffic for you.
It generates a SITEMAP which search engines use in indexing your blog without slowing it down. This plugin is rated as the best WordPress plugin with 4.9 out of 5.0 rating and over 1+ million active downloads.
- Supports all WP pages
- Generates complete sitemap for each content
- Automatically updates search engines (google, bing, baidu, yahoo, yandex …)
Google XML Sitemaps | View details
#10. THRIVE LEADS
You probably want to convert your site visitors into subscribers and have come across good opt-in plugins out there but…
Thrive Leads offers out of the box designs, opt-in forms and every type of list building tool you need to triple your conversion rate.
I once spent days surfing the net for the best list building plugin with little or no coding skill required. I had to settle for thrive leads. With awesome features and over 40 already designed forms… I couldn’t resist.
• Allows you to target specific traffic, posts, categories, tags
• A/B testing feature for choosing forms with better conversion rate
• Every design of opt-in forms
• Smart animations and time-based trigger options and a lot more…
Price: $69 one-time payment or other flexible cheaper payments too
Thrive leads | View details
#11. W3 TOTAL CACHE
The performance of your website to a user and the search engine is crucial for future traffic to your site.
A slow loading website is frustrating. You’ll loose both visitors and search engine traffic and you probably wouldn’t want that.
W3 Total Cache optimizes your website, improve users experience and your site’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO).A highly recommended plugin for any WordPress site and is also the best caching plugin in the market.
• Reduced download time
• Quicker page load time
• Up to 80% bandwidth saving
• 10x improvements in overall site performance
W3 Total Cache | View details
#12. SLIDER REVOLUTION
You’ll love this one. Slider revolution is one of the best slider plugin in wordpress with hundreds of thousand downloads. You get to tell your story in style with other out of the box non-slider assets.
Choose and customize whatever you want and publish wherever you want on any page..
What makes Slider Revolution the best? … You also get other free premium plugins and templates as add-ons. You’ll have to check it out.
Its easy to use, built with top notch designs and loads lightning fast.
- Hundreds of free object library (background images, font icon, transparent PNG objects and more)
- Easy to use visual editor
- 75+ premium templates
- 3D parallax effects
- Front page designer and navigation designer
- Free add-ons (Whiteboard, typewriter effects, related posts, social sharing… and more)
Just check out the awesome designs and add-ons, you’ll be wowed
Slider Revolution | View details
#13. PRETTY LINK
This plugin simply allows you to shorten or customize your links using your domain name (www.google.com/news to www.geniusalive.com/googlenews).
You can also track hits, location, browser and many more details from your new link. Mainly used to clean up affiliate links and track clicks on different customized Urls.
• Create simple links that redirect to any other URL of your choice
• Tracks number of hits on new link
• Access click details and more
Pretty links | View details
#14. DISQUS Comment
A very simple and interactive comment box which allows blog readers to comment on your posts.
But WordPress has its own comment box already, why disqus? It looks way better, helps increase readers engagement and can earn some money from your site, interested now right?
• Spam filtering
• Subscribe and RSS options both available
• Existing comments can be imported into disqus and more
• SEO compatible (comments are index by search engines, optional)
Disqus | View details
#15. Shortcodes Ultimate
This wonder-filled plugin is loaded with 50+ amazing and creative shortcodes to make your site look top premium with just a few clicks.
This is a must have plugin that makes free wp themes look premium and premium wp themes look super better
It is one of the best rated plugins in WordPress with a 4.9 star rating and over 600,000 + active download. “cool! site owners actually use it”
- Create tabs, boxes, responsive videos, buttons, different sliders and a lot more using this short-codes
- 50 + short-codes which you can use at various spots on your site
- Short code generator – you can create your custom short code and a custom widget too.
- CSS editor – it allows you to change the appearance of any short-code the way you want.
Shortcodes Ultimate | View details