27 Little-Known Facts About The Human Body
Would you like to learn cool facts about the human body? Wonderful! This post is for you.
The human body is so amazing that scientists are still discovering more about it. But a lot have been learned already and a few will be shared in this post.
Here you’ll learn 27 cool facts about the human body most people didn’t know about with key details about each fact.
#1. “Over one-quarter of the human body’s bones are found in the feet
The feet have takes up more bones in the human body than any other part, having 52 bones out of the total 206 bones in the human body
#2. “Babies are born with 300 bones which are reduced to 206 by adulthood
This is because most of the baby’s bones are not joined yet. As the baby grows, the bones become fewer as they fuse together.
#3. “You make use of 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile
Probably a good reason why we should smile often and frown less. Frowning is a bit of work for your face muscles and does no good to the health.
#4. “It is not possible to tickle yourself
No matter how ticklish you are the fact stands. And this is so because your brain predicts where the tickle is coming from, it predicts the tickling before it happens because the information of your fingers movement is from the brain.
#5. “Each human being’s tongue print is unique
-No one has the same tongue print. Is there a reason for it? None. It’s just that way.
#6. “The rarest blood type in the world is H/H or Bombay blood
-It’s called Bombay blood because it was first discovered at Bombay (now known as Mumbai) in India. Its ratio of occurrence is 4 per million of the human population. 0.0004%
#7. “The length of your whole body is same as the width of your both arms fully stretched out
The both are estimated to be the same in length.
#8. “Blondes naturally have more hair than the average human.
- An average human has over 100,000 hair follicles, while blondes average 146,000 follicles
the black hair have 110,000 follicles and the brown hair averages 100,000 follicles
#9. “The redheads have the least dense hair
- Their hair have about 86,000 follicles
#10. “The stomach’s acid is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
- The hydrochloric acid found in the stomach is strong enough to eat through razor blades and some other types of metals too.
#11. “Earwax is essential for good ear health
People do think earwax is just a dirt that needs to be removed at all times but there is more to it. Earwax is actually a very important fluid in the ear that helps to prevent bacteria, dirt, fungus, insects and water from entering the inner ear.
#12. “Just about one-third of human beings have a 20-20(perfect) vision.
- This means that Two-thirds of the world’s population have less than perfect vision.
#13. “The brain is much more active at night than during the day
- While we sleep the brain becomes more active than it was during the day.
#14. “The brain itself cannot feel pain
- The brain itself do not have pain receptors, therefore, is incapable of feeling pain.
#15. The middle finger has the fastest growing nail in the human body
- Nail growth is somehow related to the length of the finger and the middle finger happens to be the longest of the fingers.
#16. “The size of the eyes remains the same from birth throughout a lifetime
- A person’s eye does not increase in size, from birth to old age the size of the eyes remains the same.
#17. “Over 90% of diseases are caused or complicated by stress
- The high-stress rate can worsen or result in any health condition you can think of. Many health problems are stress related.
#18. “You cannot taste anything your saliva cannot dissolve
- Your saliva has to be able to dissolve the chemicals from any food or thing you put into your mouth before you can taste it. You can try drying your saliva off your tongue to test this fact.
#19. “The only part of the body that cannot repair itself is the tooth
- This is so because the enamel which is the outer layer of the tooth is made up of non-living tissues.
#20. “The sharpness of your hearing is reduced after eating too much.
- After getting filled with food, the sharpness of your hearing is reduced for a while.
#21. “Your left lung is smaller in size than your right lung to make room for your heart
- Most people think the two lungs are the same size but they aren’t the same size. The left lung is smaller because it leaves room for the heart.
#22. “Women have better tasting ability and sensitive tongue palates than men.
- Studies found that women do actually have more taste buds on their tongues than men.
#23. “Women outperform men in identifying scents. That is, women have better-smelling ability than men.
– Studies found that post-mortem female brains had, on average, 43% more cells and almost 50% more neurons in their olfactory centers than male brains.
#24. “The average person farts 14 times each day
- Most people will refuse to admit it but it happens even without us knowing. An average person does produce about half a liter of fart each day.
And also fart that is withheld during the day comes out while sleeping.
#25. “About 10,000 human cells can fit on the head of a pin
- The human cells are microscopic and are not visible to the eyes. And the human body consist of billions of cells. Millions of them are produced each day, millions die each day too.
#26. “The brain stops growing by the age of eighteen.
- At eighteen, the brain starts to lose over 1,000 cells every day. And continues to work without rest for a lifetime. The brain occupies 2% of the human body mass.
#27. “20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream is used by the brain
- The brain consumes more oxygen than any other organ in the human body, which means lack of efficient oxygen supply to the body affects the brain. So you know what to do, take a deep breath to keep your brain healthy with enough oxygen.
What a list! Guess you learned something cool in there… Learn more facts here.
Share on social media. Others can learn something new through you.