Have you ever wondered which lucrative skill or tech jobs you can fully learn without spending three to five years acquiring an advanced degree? Or have you thought about learning any career changing or enhancing skill that doesn’t have to take you through college again?
40 to 60% of the hired experts in all the tech jobs listed here mastered their tech skill either by learning online or Bootcamp programs with a larger percent of them being self-taught experts.
Top tech billionaire today are self-taught programmers, like:
• Jan Koum – Whatsapp founder
• David Karp- Tumblr founder
• Jack Ma – Alibaba
• Kevin Systrom – Co-founder of Instagram and much more.
If they can learn tech skills and create valuable products with it, so can you. Here is a list of 6-figure tech jobs anyone can learn and easily monetize or get hired even without an advanced degree:
1. Web developer
2. Software developer
Bloc calls Software development, “The most in-demand profession on the planet” with over 1,081,000 job opening and a 17% growth rate by 2024.
Top Software Development course online:
• Become a Software Developer – View Course
3. UI Designer
A User Interface (UI) designer focus on the layout and the real design of each element that the user interacts with. The UI designer tries to create unique designs that interact with the end-user and makes it easy for the user to achieve certain goals with the end product.
4. UX Designer
Sokanu describes UX designers as designers that take on the task of improving user satisfaction with a product by making its usability, accessibility, and interaction better. UX designing involves user research, design, testing, and implementation.
5. Frontend Developer
Frontend developers are likened to an interior & exterior designer of a house, while the backend developers are the architect and the builder. A “Full-stack” developer is one who is familiar with both the frontend and the backend technologies and can work with them.
7. Backend Developer
A back-end developer builds and maintains the technology that powers the front-end of a website (the part you can see) and makes it possible to exist. The back-end is what makes the site run, it’s the behind the scene technicalities. This includes the server, server-side applications, and the database.
Top Back-end developer courses online:
• Learn to Code with Ruby – View Course
• Complete Python Masterclass – View Course
• Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree – View Course (has both frontend & backend developer course)
8. Mobile App Developer
A mobile app developer as the name implies designs, test and program apps for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Apps are built for different operation systems (OS): iOS, Andriod or Windows… though with the “react native” you can build an iOS & Andriod app with one single code.
Mobile app developers focus on developing apps for a single OS, leading to the different types of mobile app developers which are mainly:
• iOS developers – for apple phones and tabs
• Andriod developers – for Andriod phones and tabs
Top mobile developer courses online:
• iOS App Development with Swift Specialization – View Course
• Become an iOS Developer – Build an App for the iPhone and iPad – View Course
• Android App Development: Easy & Quick Programming – View Course
9. Python Developer
“A Python developer is responsible for writing server-side application logic. Python web developers usually develop back-end components, connect the application with the other (often third-party) web services, and support the front-end developers by integrating their work with the Python application” – Toptal.com
Top python developer courses online:
• Learn to Program and Analyze Data with Python – View Course
• The Python Bible™ | Everything You Need to Program in Python – View Course
• Become a Professional Python Programmer – View Course
10. Ruby Developer
Ruby developers use Ruby to build and prototype the back-end of an application. They can also make use of the different technologies like Ruby on Rails, Heroku, RESTful to build dynamic websites and perform another backend programming.