If you aren’t earning enough or any money online in this internet age… this post is for you. Oh and, this post is a guide for those who seek for online startups ideas.
Going through a lot of tips on how to make money online and still struggle at doing so is one thing I can relate to – I started out in 2013, tried out a lot of online businesses, earned money from a few and made a lot of mistakes.
I know what you’re thinking: “But how true is it about making money online? I have read similar articles but came out with nothing”
But, during the process of trying, I discovered a few secrets about making money online. And I’m going to share them with you before we go further.
My target is to list over 50 lucrative online income ideas. I’m still trying out a few at the moment and will be updating this post with newer startups every month (with beginner’s guide and other resources needed for starting up each idea).
So you might want to bookmark this page. Or join this email list to Stay Updated
Ready? Let’s get started.
#1. Design & Sell
These platforms help manufacture, sell and deliver your design products (t-shirt, cap, phone case, mug, sweatshirt, stickers & much more) without you lifting a finger or stepping out of your home (okay, you might step out to cash your paycheck for sure) and it’s free.
All those lovely designs and fine quotes you create don’t have to end up in your sketchbook, they could come alive and make you good cash.
All you’ll have to do is:
• Create a design & upload it (it could be just numbers, letters, graphics or anything else)
• Set a price
• Add a goal
• Start selling
What they do:
• Provide high-quality product
• Print your design on them
• Handle the shipping and customer service
Sounds easy right? Maybe it is if you can create stylish quotes or design people would love.
Recommended online courses:
• Affiliate Marketing Beginner: Sell T-Shirts with Teespring
• Design bestselling T-shirts from Beginner to Expert
• Set Up a T-Shirt Design Business on Teespring & SunFrog
#2. Online Coaching
No doubt, MILLIONS of people out there seek to meet certain goals but either doesn’t know how to go about it or needs help doing so. “Coaching is about helping a person reach their potential or meet a specific goal”
There are a few (few? hundreds) of goals out there you can help people meet and get paid. And of course, you grow to become an expert in whichever field you choose after completing several gigs and with time clients will pay you more.
If you are passionate and knowledgeable enough to help a person meet a certain goal, then this might just be for you.
Coaching services ideas:
• Productivity coach
• Productivity coach
• Leadership coach
• Fitness coach
• Business coach
• Blogging coach, Nutrition coach, Career coach, Performance coach, Skill coach, Lifestyle coach, Relationship coach and much more.
How to start-up an online coaching business:
• Choose a niche you are qualified or knowledgeable about or a niche you’re passionate about.
• Learn and understand how it works.
• Create a system or patterns that deliver top results
• Join online platforms where you can deliver your content (YouTube, Wistia, Skype, Google Hangout, Goto Webinar)
• Reach clients or get coaching gigs on Fiverr or freelancer and build up your portfolio with your gigs. (clients will pay more and trust anyone with a great portfolio and rating)
• Life Coach Training Course: Introduction to Life Coaching
• List of Coaching Courses
#3. Affiliate Marketing
One of the top income source online earners use to make money online. Lots of top online earners build their businesses around affiliate marketing. Millions of Companies are willing to pay affiliates good amount to get more product sales and customers.
Most times all you need is a great content with a good number of followers on social media or visitors on your website to make hundreds or thousands of dollars monthly in affiliate marketing.
…that’s a good percentage, but the question now is how to get a good number of customers to buy.
4 Simple steps to affiliate marketing:
• Requirement. Social media accounts for a good number of followers or a blog with a few thousand of monthly visits can get you there. You can build a social following around one or more similar niche and give useful products or contents with affiliate links.
• Choose a niche market you would like to promote. It’s better to pick one or two products or services you can easily become an expert in by using and studying them.
• Register for affiliate programs. Most “affiliate program” sign up links are found at the bottom of the product’s website, click on the link and apply to become affiliated with them or you could join top affiliate marketplace sites ( Commission Junction, Clickbank or ShareASale)
• Create and publish great content (articles, photos, useful tips or how-tos) on your blog or social media about your affiliate products, using your affiliate links when referring to the product.
“A Blog is a personal or corporate website that allows users to reflect, share opinions, and discuss various topics in the form of an online Journal.” – Wiki
Blogging is no doubt the top means online marketers use to make money on the internet. It’s like your brand headquarter online where you get creative and enlighten people and in-turn you get attention and earn good money.
Monetize your blog: Ways you earn money with your blog by Selling products, Offering services, Affiliate marketing, Sponsored Blog Post, Selling ad space, Google Adsense and a few more. You can easily refer great products to your readers and get a good commission for each sale. It’s a bit easier than it seems, the basic things are creating great contents and promoting your blog for more visitors.
Recommended online courses:
• How to Make a WordPress Website
• Build Websites from Scratch with HTML & CSS
• WordPress for Beginners – Master WordPress Quickly
Freelancing is a huge growing market where millions of people who need to get certain things done (mostly digital work) are merged with people who are experts in getting those specific things done.
List of a few freelance gigs:
• Graphics Designing
• Virtual assisting
• Creative writing
• Web design, Word-processing, Support & IT, Articles & Blog posts, Singers, Tutoring, Web search, Legal/financial consulting and a lot more…
How you go about becoming a freelancer:
• Register in any freelancer site – input your details and select your areas of specialty (what you can do ) – your skills or you could learn a new skill in any top e-learning site.
• If you’re offering your services for the first time, you can charge low for a few months to get more gigs and build up a good portfolio. And increase your charge rate later on.
• Offer great end products to get recurring clients. Complete gigs on time and make sure you understand what the client really wants.
• Always ask clients to rate your work. Good ratings and number of complete projects bring in more gigs.
#6. Creating and Selling Courses online
There are great platforms online where online teachers make over 6 figures by selling courses on anything useful – skills people would want to learn.
How to go about it:
• Visit Udemy’s Instructor page, enter the title of a course you would like to teach in the page and send. You’ll be taken to the sign-up page.
• A free course on “How to create your Udemy course” will be made available to you. You’ll learn all you need to know about creating a course.
• You start creating a course afterward.
• After you’re done, send it for review. When it’s accepted, you may charge an amount for students that enroll for the course.
• Then you get paid for each student that enrolls for your course. Powerful courses will great contents will attract more students and that’s more money.
Better explained: If you charge $40 and over 250 students enroll you make over $10,000 minus the platforms charges) Top courses on e-learning sites like Udemy have over 50,000 students enrolled for a course that will be towards $1 million in earnings for the instructor.
Things to teach:
• Web designing
• Any Language
• Graphic Design
• How-tos, Personal development, Social media strategies, Lifestyle, Makeup expert, Academics – Maths, Biology and a lot more.
These online platforms below make it easy for you to create any course you want and sell them.
#7. Selling products on e-commerce marketplace
Store owners in e-commerce marketplace who sell good products make a good income. The good thing about it is anyone can start selling online with little capital and grow into a big-time business. Top sellers on eBay make over $1 million yearly in sales. Sellers on Amazon and other e-commerce marketplaces worldwide make money too… and are known, as Online merchants or retailers.
The idea: Find a good product to sell online, register on any online marketplace, upload your products and make money online from sales. To make more sales you might have to promote your products.
Top selling product categories you can try out:
• Clothing, shoes & accessories
• Phones & accessories
• Jewelry & watches, Auto Parts, Health & Beauty, Toys, and baby wear, Video games, Sporting goods, Home and garden and much more.
#8. Selling on Your Site – Build an Online Store for your Business
Big and small successful companies worldwide each has an online store where they list their products or services for sale (nike.com, adidas.com, apple.com). This is different from online marketplaces where anyone can list products like Amazon or eBay. Here, a business sets up an online store site where customers come to buy the listed products or services.
4 Reasons why every business should have an online store:
1. Millions of customers both local and international can find your store.
2. For verifying brand’s authenticity – When people are doubtful about a brand, they almost always check the internet for some proof. A well designed online store of the brand gives them the proof of authenticity they seek.
3. More sales, more money for you.
4. Nothing to lose. Shopify provides an easy selling platform. No coding required. No expenses in hiring a web developer.
With Shopify, your people can buy your products directly from your Facebook and Pinterest pages via a “Buy” button which connects to your Shopify store.
• How to Create, Make and build an Online E-commerce Store
• Shopify Tyrant: How To Start An Ecommerce Biz From Scratch
#9. Selling Stock Photos
Are you good at taking eye-catching photos? Do you know how to edit photos to make them look great? Then maybe it’s time you took more photos and sell them on photo marketplace online.
Of course, when you take great photos, people would buy and come back for more. You could grow into a lucrative photo agency… with just a little more focus, curiosity, and creativity.
Courses on Photography:
• Photography Masterclass: Your Complete Guide to Photography (The Greatest Online Professional Photography Class: How to Take & Sell Photos for Beginners & Advanced Photographers)
• License your photos online: Create photographs that sell
#10. YouTube videos
What content can you create that would get a huge amount of views on YouTube? How can you monetize your YouTube videos?
You earn money on YouTube via ads and sponsored videos.
• Video ads: Most times before a YouTube video starts, a brief 4 to 30 secs video comes up automatically with a “skip ad” button. More video views, more money.
• Link ads: a link at the bottom while viewing a video. More clicks, more money.
• Sponsored Videos: with a lot of subscribers and video views, brands or advertisers will pay to have you use their product in your videos.
Huge followers and subscribers on Social media grow with your content’s quality. How funny, entertaining or informative?
Is everyone good at making viral videos? ah no… I’ve tried several times and failed. But the good thing is your videos don’t have to be super funny or eye-catching before you make money on YouTube…
• Simple informative videos like: “The unpacking of an iPhone 7” or “How to fix a baby’s trolley” can get thousands of views.
#11. Instagram Promotions
Instagram is becoming one of the fastest growing Social Media Platform with over 400 million visits monthly and over 100 million new subscribers in 2016. Big and upcoming brands try to explore this opportunity by promoting their products and getting more sales.
So, as an Instagram subscriber with a good number of following or still growing, you can make money online in a few ways:
• Instagram Marketing: A Step-By-Step to 10,000 Real Followers
• How to build a Six Figure Business with Instagram
Writing is a good source of income for many freelancers and it can be the same for you too.
If you’re good at putting the right words together in any language, you could offer services to thousands of people who need different writing jobs done and make money online while doing so.
Different writing jobs:
• Content writing
• Report writing
• Book writing
• Research and summaries
• Proofreading and editing
• Creative writing, Articles and blog posts, Business Copywriting, Legal wWriting Ghostwriting, Scriptwriting and much more.
#13. Website testing
Usertesting platform pays you $10 for each set of website or mobile testing task ( 20 mins max) you complete. On your first time registration, you’ll be given a brief sample test after which you’ll be approved.
The task is simple, all you have to do is:
• Visit a website with your PC or a mobile app with your Phone
• Complete a few easy tasks
• Speak out loud what you think about the features of the site
• Once you’re done, you get paid.
#14. Create and Sell EBooks
Creating an eBook is about putting together powerful or entertaining content in an eBook format. Either a story, motivational, informative, how-to eBook or any other kind. Publishers make thousands of dollar on Amazon selling eBooks.
Over 5,000 – 10,000 words are okay for a start, you don’t have to write over 50,000 words if you can deliver your points with fewer words.
If you’re a good writer, story-teller or designer with a good content, create simple eBooks and sell them online.
Online courses (to show you how to go about it):
• Format MS Word for Amazon Kindle, Get Beautiful Ebooks
• Sell Ebooks on Amazon Kindle and Global Retailers
• 8 Steps To Create And Sell An Ebook On Your Website
#15. Language Translation
With over 6,500 languages worldwide, millions of people need to communicate with each other and most times the only way to do that is to learn the language (which can take months or years) or to hire an interpreter.
Anyone who is fluent in two or more languages can make money online by sparing few hours weekly translating one language to another.
• How to be a Successful Freelance Translator
#16. Creating a mobile app
The mobile app is a billion dollar market with a good number of app developers earning over $5000 a month and the big mobile developer like Supercell have their “Clash of Clans” generating $1,118,457 per day in revenue. King Digital Entertainment’s “Candy Crush” earns $884,676 per day through in-app purchases according to Fueled.
App builders earn money in several ways:
• Building apps for companies and people and getting paid hundreds to thousands of dollars
• Building great apps and selling them on google play or Apple App Store
• Creating free mobile apps and earning by adding ads (the reason most great free mobile apps have ads and paid mobile apps have none) or by purchasing advanced features.
Great ideas are priceless:
You could come up with a great idea of a mobile app that will help people meet some goal or entertain and hire someone to build it for you on freelance sites… make money online by putting up ads or by adding a price tag.
Top mobile developer courses online:
• iOS App Development with Swift Specialization
• Android Basics Nanodegree. Learn Java and Start Building Apps
• Become an iOS Developer – Build an App for the iPhone and iPad
• Android App Development: Easy & Quick Programming
#17. Graphic Designing
“Graphic Design is the new Buzz”. Online and offline, graphic designers make big bucks. I Still plan on learning graphic designing though, love the creativity and buzz it comes with.
Big companies can’t do without it while small businesses and people are now catching the feel. Graphic Designers and writers get the most gigs on freelancer sites hands down… they make money online from designing logos, business card, fashion designing to 3D, 4D, video editing, animation… make your pick.
Graphic Design gigs:
• Banner design
• Icon design
• Visual arts
• Photo editing
• 3D, T-shirt designs and more…
Complete graphic design Courses online:
• Graphic Design Bootcamp
#19. Teaching your language
Earn money teaching your language online, anytime you want, part-time or full-time and set your own hourly rates.
Language market is a huge one, with millions of people having to learn other languages for job requirements, relocation, communication reasons or just for knowledge. Almost everyone wants to learn a new language (maybe English, Spanish, Mandarin, French, Hindi, Japanese or others) at a certain time in life.
Teaching any language, mostly the popularly spoken ones is definitely a lucrative source of income. So, if you’re good in any language, you can teach anyone who wants to learn and earn some cash.
#20. Creating and Selling website themes or plugins
Of course, you would have to create something special to get thousands or millions of sales, but that comes with time and brilliant marketing efforts. The key is to get started.
Plugins in a WordPress software are like mobile apps on a smart phone, there do specific tasks
Here are a few top sellers on Envato marketplace (themes, plugins, graphics and a lot more):
• Share buttons
• Comment plugins
• Contact form plugins
• Traffic stat, Social media widgets plugins, Ads plugins, Image gallery plugins and much more…
#21. Taking Survey and Reviews
The good old online income source: Taking Surveys. This is one of the easy ways to make a few side cash without having to learn anything. Companies pay top dollar for users’ opinion, while survey sites connect users to companies’ surveys and pay them… just by completing a simple and direct task or answering a few questions.